Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Midwest Oral Surgery & Dental Implants – Omaha NE
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) to twelve (12) hours prior to your surgery.
- No smoking at least 1-2 days before surgery. Any amount of smoking is bad for your health and increases the risk associated with any surgery.
- A parent, guardian, caretaker, or responsible adult, 19 years or older, must accompany the patient to the office, must remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. McDermott, Dr. Wees, Dr. Wewel or Dr. Anderson prior to your surgical date for instructions.